Patient Care, Policies, Procedures, and Admission Criteria:
* Adheres to patient care and admission criteria policies and procedures of the Inova Health System.
Physician Coverage and Responsibilities:
* Serves as Outpatient and/or Inpatient Rheumatologist in accordance with a published schedule determined by the Department.
* Inpatient physicians provide consultation as requested by other services M-F.
* Outpatient physicians provide 36 hours patient contact time per 1.0 FTE utilizing a template of 40/20 minutes for new/follow-up patients.
* After hours and weekend call coverage for both the inpatient and outpatient sites: on average 1 week every n weeks where n is total # IMG Rheumatologists. Current staffing provides for 1:5, approximately 128 hours of after-hours availability per week, approximately 10 weeks per year.
* Provides direct hands-on care to patients within the limits of credentials granted by the Inova Health System in recognition of advanced training and experience in this field.
* Engages in research activities as schedule allows.
* Participates in regular quality improvement, peer review and cost saving activities in collaboration with other professional members of the health care team in the Department.
* In conjunction with the Chairman of the Department of Medicine, administration, and nursing staff, acts as a patient advocate in monitoring, tracking, assessing and evaluating the quality of care.
* Participates in case management activities as directed by the Chairman.
* Provides academic support to Resident and Student Training Programs.
* Assists residents with invasive procedures on the Teaching Service.
* In conjunction with the Chief Medical Resident, provides didactic conferences for medical students and residents pertaining to rheumatology.
* Is available to students and residents for advice, problems and complaints.
Medical and Nursing Staff Support:
* The physician shall provide consultation and educational support to residents and nursing staff.
Medical Staff Liaison:
* The physician shall maintain communication with other interrelated medical and surgical services to facilitate cooperative interactions, appropriate standardization of equipment, documents, and practice and optimal patient care in the general service.
Ancillary Service Liaison:
* To facilitate optimal delivery of services, the physician will maintain a working relationship with the staff of ancillary services (i.e.; respiratory services, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy) involved in patient care in the department and unit.
Other Administrative Duties:
* Serves on hospital committees and other duties as directed by Department Chairman.
* Other administrative duties may be assigned by the Chairman, Department of Medicine
* The physician adheres to the established billing procedures for clinical services provided to patients.
Medical Records / Billing:
* The physician will provide adequate information in the medical record and in the billing database to facilitate billing for professional services rendered to patients as attending physician.
Continuing Medical Education:
* Participates in annual CME as approved by the Chairman, Department of Medicine and as required to maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine.
Medical Staff Bylaws and Regulations:
* Abides by the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Inova Health System..
* Reports the Chairman, Department of Medicine, and / or his or her designee.
* Annual formal evaluations will be performed by the Chairman, Department of Medicine, his or her designee, and other personnel with whom the physician interfaces as determined by the Chairman.
Internal Number: 51586BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.