· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
· Active LPN license
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· Nursing experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
· Nursing experience in Nephrology, Renal Transplant, Rheumatology, Toxicology, or related discipline highly desired
Monday – Friday; Days
Department | Unit Summary:
The Division of Nephrology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center has a long and notable history of the study, treatment, causes and potential therapies of kidney disease. With leading researchers, clinicians, and instructors working in state-of-the-art facilities our contributions are significant and validated through the many publications, honors, and grant funding received as we help to advance cures for kidney disease through scientific discoveries, cutting-edge treatments, and renal transplants.
The mission of Nephrology is to; Inspire Interest in the Prevention of Disease, Promote Human Health, Cultivate Biomedical Discovery, Provide Compassionate Care, and Educate Tomorrow's Leaders.
Click here to learn about our vision of Defining Personalized Care
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
keywords: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Specialty Clinics, Nephrology, Renal, Rheumatology, Toxicology, day shift.